Career CategorySalesJob Description
The Multiple Myeloma National Account Manager (MM NAM) will report into the Executive Director, US Sales & Marketing for Kyprolis?.
The primary responsibility is to analyze sales performance and identify opportunities for demand growth for the products in the multiple myeloma (MM) franchise. Additionally, the MM NAM will assess the current business environment in targeted Top 500 accounts and plan actions for success in these accounts.
The ideal candidate will be able to work internally through the cross-functional matrix team, and externally with customers to develop strong relationships across broad stakeholder groups within targeted hematology/oncology accounts to ensure successful utilization and demand growth of our Multiple Myeloma franchise products
* Provide national level oversight, analyze sales performance, identify key product performance trends and communicate regularly with sales leadership to ensure successful attainment of sales goal
* Proactive analytics to identify national level growth opportunities for sales teams, tracking progress against these opportunities through regular communication with sales leadership
* Strategic lead for MM Franchise in Top 500 accounts
* Maintain comprehensive account profile / needs assessment / cross-functional strategic plan for Top 500 accounts through coordination with relevant DMs and OKAMs
* Identify drivers/barriers and coordinate pull-through initiatives across field teams (Sales Representative, Clinical Oncology Specialist, Field Reimbursement Specialist, Regional Marketing Manager)
* Partner with MM DSM and RSD on business reviews and performance tracking at target accounts
* Coordinate with OKAM to ensure regular business reviews and contracts performance reviews for Kyprolis in Targeted Top 500 Accounts
* Generate actionable field intelligence and recommendations to Amgen home office
* Lead Amgen home office engagement and executive field visits
* Partners closely with Organize Customer Team Regional Account Executives and OKAM in shared Top 500 accounts
* Provide critical direction on competitive response
* Provide field insight/recommendations to Pricing/Brand/GPO teams
* Proactively leverage value/FDAMA 114 tools where appropriate
* Lead analytics for key sales team strategic initiatives eg. Sales force expansion
* Become a trusted advisor to Reimbursement Access Value team to support open access to Amgen portfolio
Frequent Travel (up to 50% of time)
Doctorate degree & 2 years of sales experience;
Master's degree & 4 years of sales experience;
Bachelor's degree or & 6 years of sales experience
* Exceptional analytical skills, with strong track record of processing large volumes of data to rapidly uncover trends and identify opportunities to deliver superior sales results
* Possesses a long term, strategic understanding of the hematology/oncology market
* Experience managing and executing in large accounts including strategic planning, cross-functional execution, problem solving, and conflict resolution
* Inclination to be a contributing member of a high performing team where individual and team success align
* Demonstrated ability and desire to provide unprecedented customer support across stakeholder groups
* Experience executing with products/therapies that require complex customer delivery including logistics management
* Ability to successfully work and collaborate with field based and internal cross-functional partners
* Experience managing and executing in large accounts including strategic planning, problem solving, and conflict resolution
* Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, PharmD, etc.) 7+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience or related experience in buying processes and decision making
* Clinic, hospital, oncology, injectable selling experience preferred
* Account Management Experience preferred
* Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills
* Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
* Demonstrated initiative and willingness to work hands-on with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of P&T, PA, PDL and pharmaceutical contracting system is a plus
* Knowledge of payor systems, billing, coding and reimbursement processes
* Knowledge of CMS policies and processes
* A solid understanding of the current environment and trends in community oncology practices
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.