This opening is in our Kawneer business located in Norcross, GA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Product Manager (Curtainwall / Protective Glazing / Finishing)is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Kawneer product range and are integral to the company s pursuit of a value proposition based on a differentiated product/service offer. Product Management is the function within an organization dealing with the planning, forecasting, production and marketing of a product or products at all stages of the product lifecycle. The product lifecycle management includes people, data, processes and business systems.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Manage a product portfolio with the objective of maximizing Kawneer's competitive positioning vis- -vis competition as well as the profitability of the company's products;
- Drive marketing initiatives aimed at feeding the new product development process to ensure that product development activities are customer-driven and will meet future market needs;
- Continually assess existing and potential target markets for the product line;
- Develop and Track critical business issues/needs related to the product line;
- Determine and Track customer and architect issues related to the product line;
- In conjunction with market research, assess current market data and trends;
- Track competitors and their strengths and weaknesses relative to our products (products, price, service, profitability);
- Coordinate/conduct market research related to the product line (concept testing, surveys, customer satisfaction, etc);
- Establish product positioning, promotion and pricing in target markets;
- Develop positioning efforts across markets continually maintain clear and concise product positioning that highlights the market;
- Work with Marketing Communications to structure literature and other supporting materials, fairs, seminars / dealer panels, advertising / communication campaigns, mailing, web site, PR;
- Define, implement and manage new product promotional activities and launch strategies across markets;
- Track use of the product line and work closely with sales to obtain feedback;
- Support the sales process and build tools and training to assist sales and the front end;
- Analyze potential partnerships - both internal and external;
- Attend events, such as trade shows, focus group meetings, industry seminars to stay current with the industry, understand client needs, understand the competition and adjust messaging as needed;
- Represent Kawneer on committees and organizations related to fenestration (AAMA, NFRC, ABAA).
- Strong leadership background of cross-functional teams;
- Ability to effectively hold teams accountable to timelines, quality and assigned budgets;
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of delivering on time and on budget;
- Analytical Expertise with ability to effectively review and use data from multiple sources to draw sound conclusions;
- Understanding of manufacturing cost and ability to analyze cost to establish customer pricing;
- Understanding of list pricing, discount schedules, gross margins;
- Must be able to directly interface with functional leaders and senior leadership to align strategic product initiatives;
- Understanding of building codes and design principals;
- Understanding of green building market trends and latest developments;
- Mastery of the 4Ps of marketing;
- Ability to travel 25 to 50% based on project needs.
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing and /or product management experience;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Construction (Commercial and / or Residential) or Architectural Industry
- Employees must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibilitywill be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available forthis position.
- Master s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution;
- Experience with Curtain Wall and / or Window Wall experience;
- Familiar with aluminum fenestration products.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task