Capstone is seeking a Business Intelligence Data Analyst II to support the Navy's MPTE TSS located in Pensacola, Florida. Provides customer and program support for the Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) component of the Navy Training Management Planning System (NTMPS).
* Conducts data analysis, builds queries and model data using Business Intelligence (BI) tools and software such as IBM Cognos. * Gathers and understands business processes/user requirements and documents the functional requirements for expansion of the systems to meet evolving needs of users. * Captures, analyzes and displays meaningful customer measures and metrics to an executive-level audience. Trains the customer to use the BI tools to fully exploit their business intelligence information. * Designs new and ad hoc reports to support customer requirements for inclusion into the Cognos BI portal. * Creates new relational and dimensional data models and packages using BI modeling tools from existing database content or determines new data sources when existing data is deficient. * Implements best business practices to configure and support the BI system and to monitor services. * Uses available tools to assist in monitoring data update conditions, conducts post-ETL data QA checks, automates report generation, distributes email notification of system, data and report conditions. * Develops Student Handouts and conducts remote training using web conferencing/meeting software. * Performs initial screening and processing of all application requests, reviews and ensures accuracy of account applications, tracks account status, notifies users when accounts are created, disabled or require updating, and maintains statistics on account status. * Maintains a database for tracking of all requests for assistance. * Provides assistance in building queries, interpretation of data, and identification of data required to support functional requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering or Physical Science.
Years of Experience:
* Three (3) years of experience in Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Problem Solving, Content Management, Software and Network Programming.
* Candidate must have data analysis experience for technical system performance reporting, for service quality reporting, service consumption reporting, or some combination of each. * Candidate professional experience must include solicitation and refinement of information reporting requirements, communication of data gaps and gap impacts, collaboration with data owners for access to data sources.
Final DoD Secret
Associated topics: business, business analysis, business systems, client, consultant, customer, market, marketing, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.