Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do. As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Resident Care Coordinator (RN / Registered Nurse)
The Resident Care Coordinator mentors and assists facility staff with the coordination of resident care in order to meet or exceed ASC standards with customer service and standards of care.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates resident care between shifts to ensure continuity of care, and exercises discretion when change of care is needed and communicates accordingly to those involved in the care of the resident(s).
- Monitors new admissions to ensure appropriate care plan interventions are in place and consistent from shift to shift.
- Ensure evening admissions are effectively transitioned into health care community and that all resident needs are met during first few hours or care.
- Coordinates and manages evening and/or weekend discharges to ensure that appropriate interventions have been implemented and that if a discharge must take place that it happens in a manner that is conducive to the health and well being of the resident.
- Provides education and training to direct care givers of residents experiencing changes in condition to ensure continuity of care from shift to shift.
- Monitors resident experiencing changes in condition; residents that have experienced a recent fall; residents with new or worsening behaviors; residents that require increased nursing time related to medications/treatment changes to ensure continuity of care from shift to shift.
- Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the daily functions of clinical services as directed by the DNS. This includes, but is not limited to, rotating weekend call, assisting with daily follow-through of resident change of condition reports, supervision of resident dining service, assisting with resident complaint investigation and resolution, investigation of abuse allegations, etc.
- May serve as Manager on Duty (MOD).
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Must be available to work flexible hours.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and hold a current Indiana Registered Nurse license.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in Geriatric or Gerontology couples with a minimum of one year experience as a Departmental Manager of a Long Term Care.
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
- Must have vast experience and working knowledge of Process improvement, Federal and State regulation, admission and discharge process.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and hospitals.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric, transitional