Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world's most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion
Position Title Account Executive
The Account Executive proactively identifies and maximizes opportunities to increase business for Crown Castle Fiber. The Account Executive will also be responsible for direct B2B sales of fiber based services to small, medium and large enterprise organizations. The Sales Professional is responsible for monthly quota attainment through revenue generation by selling Crown Castle Fiber products. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers, leverages for new business, and serves as local customer advocate to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
* Establish and maintain relationships with customers and prospective customers. Serve as the main point of contact for all customers providing a high level of customer service.
* Provide competitive proposals, highlighting the Crown Castle Fiber value proposition.
* Meet or exceed established sales performance targets.
* Particular attention paid to Dark Fiber, High Bandwidth Transport, and High Bandwidth IP products and services.
* Identify and proactively seek new business, including opportunities to increase market share.
* Persuade prospective customers to do business with Crown Castle Fiber and negotiate deals which mutually benefit Crown Castle Fiber and the customer.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of assets in one's own geographic area in order to better market and sell such assets.
* Know the competition and provide detailed analysis as required.
* Communicate frequently with applicable teams and internal departments to maintain an accurate, current understanding of existing and upcoming customer projects and issues. Follow-up on all installations with customers to ensure satisfaction.
* Serve as primary contact with customers and direct workflow to ensure customer satisfaction by quickly and effectively handling all customer issues.
* Track key sales indicators and provide accurate, timely reporting of these indicators to the appropriate individuals at the corporate and area level.
* Ensure the sales dashboard/CRM is updated in a timely manner and that the information is current and accurate.
* Stay abreast of technical topics and changes. Participate in continuing education to keep current on both technology and selling techniques.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of contract conditions and terms for customers in geographic area.
* Adhere to Company policy regarding generation and execution of all contract and legal documents related to sales process.
* Attend customer and internal deployment meetings as needed.
* Keep management team well informed regarding sales performance, opportunities, and customer satisfaction issues.
* Interact and Assist our Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Build To Suit (BTS) and Fiber Teams to identify business opportunities to meet business demands and provide solutions to our customers.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field preferred
* Three (3) years of previous sales experience is required
* Experience working within Metro Ethernet, Fiber Optic or Data niche of telecommunications is preferred
* A valid driver's license is required
* Understanding of technical specifications of telecommunications networking from both the ISP and OSP perspectives
* Superior B2B sales and negotiation skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven, successful, direct outside sales experience in B2B markets
* New business development, cold calling and prospecting
* Attend local trade shows, industry events and networking meetings
* High ethical standards
* Ability to handle multiple projects
* Ability to work independently
* Strong understanding of the competitive landscape of Metro Ethernet and IP market
* Self-motivated team player
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Proficiency in Sales Force Automation and CRM applications
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.