Zoro is hiring a Marketing Partnerships Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Development, for the Brand Development team located in Buffalo Grove, IL. We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded talent that thrives in a collaborative environment focusing on collective solutions that drive additional business and continually improves the customer experience.
The Marketing Partnerships Manager will be responsible for helping Zoro grow its brand awareness by establishing marketing partnerships with relevant external entities, exposing Zoro to a new audience of potential customers. This person will set the strategy, develop the guidelines and associated KPI s for the Zoro Marketing Partnership Program. This person will need to be savvy at building relationships within Zoro but also externally so that Zoro has a portfolio of marketing partners external to our vendor relationships from which to leverage at any given time. This person will take ownership of our existing sponsor relationships with the Chicago Black Hawks and YouthBuild Lake County while expanding our partnership with American Express Small Business Network. A big portion of the role will be seeking partnership &/or co-branding opportunities with targeted industry business vertical entities that will help Zoro build awareness and credibility to the relevant audiences. This person will need to be comfortable with analytics and reporting to ensure the programs created are indeed driving measurable value for the company. This person should have experience managing large portfolios of revenue-generating activities as well as running sizable programs that have the ability to scale and grow over time. This person should have experience managing people formally and informally, as agency management will be involved with this role. Ideally, this person has managed direct reports and is willing and able to do so as this role expands.
- Developing and aligning the marketing partnership strategy with internal stakeholders.
- Identifying and pursing co-marketing partnerships opportunities with entities within relevant industry segments.
- Working with the external marketing partners to develop, manage, and execute various awareness-building campaigns.
- Working with external agencies and internal Design Team members to develop creative assets to support the programs.
- Working with Zoro Analytics to define the KPI s and test plan that will measure the success of the various partnership campaigns.
- Build upon successful campaigns to scale and iterate.
- Brand team owner for the following existing marketing sponsor relationships: Chicago Black Hawks, YouthBuild Lake County.
- Day-to-day management, execution, reporting, and on-going communication of the status and performance of the brand partnership programs.
- Bachelor s degree in marketing, business, or a relevant field with MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience in brand or product management role.
- Experience with brand-building through partnerships, events, or experiences.
- Marketing experience in an eCommerce business a plus.
- Strong knowledge of business strategy and brand management as evidenced by experience, education and success in these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams without direct authority.
- Strong knowledge of marketing discipline, strategies and tactics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to present at all levels of the organization.
- Proven relationship-building skills to get desired results.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Impact to the Organization:
- Develops and deploys marketing partnership strategy and execution for Zoro.
- Grows brand health measures through branded partnerships, events, &/or experiences.
- Grows brand awareness through branded partnerships, events, &/or experiences.
- Drives business customer acquisition through branded partnerships, events, &/or experiences.
- Ensures marketing partnership programs are on-equity and on-strategy.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal company relationships: Sr. Director, Brand Development; Sr. Manager, Brand Development; Director, Product; Manager, Analytics; Manager, Direct Marketing; Manager, Affiliate Marketing
- External relationships: Relevant B2B branded partners that are identified through the course of this role; Agency partners; Affiliate Marketing partners
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status