THE JOB / Sr./Operations Coordinator, LPGA Golf Event
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Our Events team is looking to hire a Sr./Operations Coordinator who will collaborate with our broader event staff in the day-to-day preparation and execution of an official full-field LPGA TOUR event held in Rogers, Arkansas. You'll work directly with our event staff in the day-to-day preparation and execution of a world-class Food Festival taking place in June, in conjunction with a LPGA Golf Tournament in north-west Arkansas. You will be a key member of the team, assisting with the marketing and sponsorship fulfilment that go in to this large scale event; as well as pitching in on the operational aspects of the event. If you're someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of event operations - detail orientation, organization, deadlines, problem solving and multi-tasking - this exciting opportunity is for you.
Our Events team is a dynamic group of professionals that run world class events around the country. Our model is to create and produce successful, sustainable events by merging sports, entertainment, culinary and arts with philanthropy in markets that recognize the importance of cultural enhancements in the development of the quality of life in its community. We first set out to understand the marketplace and, by leveraging these insights, we craft a week-long series of events that bring the sponsoring brands to life and elevate a region for years to come.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
* Fulfill vendor contracts for the operation of the event and ancillary events which take place in market
* Provide first-class presentation for the operation of the event and event series
* Support in the management of the operational timeline that includes detailed set-up and tear-down schedules
* Work closely with tournament staff to insure operational fulfillment of corporate partner contracts and operational support of volunteer activities
* Assist vendors with design and the temporary structures, working in conjunction with the tournament property to ensure compliance within onsite restrictions
* Work with vendors to implement tournament branding and signage plan
* Help manage and comply to an extensive operations budget
* Work directly with local and state level law enforcement as well as event security partner to ensure smooth execution of event security plan
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field and/or
* Sr. Coordinator: 2 years' experience working in an operational capacity within the events and/or golf industry
* Coordinator: 1 year experience working in an operational capacity within the events and/or golf industry
* You consider sports, particularly golf, and event management as your long-term career
* You are a polished communicator, both written and verbal
* You thrive when you're working in a team setting and enjoy collaborating with others
* You are a problem solver, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
* You are a juggler. You can multi-task without missing a deadline
* You have an advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social platforms
* You're collaborative in nature with a \"no job is too small\" attitude
* You're flexible and able to travel and work weekends/holidays as needed, approximately 25%
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: cleaner, elevator, engineer, facility, reservationist, safety, scoreboard, stadium, staff, tarp