Closes profitable sales of technology-based solutions for customer business environments. Researches sales leads, obtains knowledge of customer organizations, develops customer relationships, builds strong business relationships with partners and vendors, and generates product and/or services proposals and quotations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions and achieves established sales targets annually.
- Creates business cases and high level financial models including ROI and TCO analysis to help in positioning and selling of technology-based solutions to solve business problems.
- Sells to both large and SMB clients via direct new sales, alliances and leverages existing client base, both broad market and vertical.
- Constructs clear value proposition for clients which includes business benefits (i.e. OPEX vs. CAPEX substitution, ROI, TCO).
- Engages proactively with Solutions and Services, Marketing and Operations teams.
- Establishes clear priorities for new and existing client sales to drive sales growth.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from own professional network, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Builds and maintains research on prospective and current customers relating to how each customer is organized (hierarchically, brands, channels, and key relationships).
- Establishes and maintains current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Gains clear understanding of customer business requirements.
- Educates customers on full breadth of solutions offered by Logicalis.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Identifies and resolves customer concerns.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
While this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, guidance may be provided to Technical Consultants, Delivery Consultants, Customer Support Representatives, and Inside Sales Representatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in related field.
- 3 years demonstrated outside sales experience selling Information Technology products (i.e. HP Storage, Cisco, and IBM) and consulting services/managed services.
- 3 years combining products and services into technology solutions that meet customer business needs.
- Technical sales expertise selling to both Enterprise and SMB market and strong familiarity with Cloud, Managed Services, and Web 2.0 technical concepts.
- Fundamental understanding of consultative, solutions sales process for dedicated, managed, cloud, and hybrid web hosting solutions.
- Demonstrated success in strategic thinking, planning and implementation a strong desire and track record of getting things done.
- Aptitude, ambition and eagerness to join A-level Sales Team and contribute to fun, professional culture focused on growth and outcomes.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Various vendor certifications as necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical and customer interaction skills required.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to successfully work as a team and independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral, written, technical and business communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws