Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Buyer Senior is responsible for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services necessary to support contract production and plant operations as economically and efficiently as possible and consistent with the requirements for superior quality and responsive delivery. Must be able to plan, organize, schedule and direct all activities necessary for the accomplishment of the assigned Procurement goal and/or objective.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Direct solicitation to suppliers using a formal inquiry format, incorporating all necessary information required for seller's quotations.
* Establish source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing.
* Evaluate quotations received from prospective suppliers and make a decision regarding award of purchase order.
* Implement facility surveys as may be required.
* Negotiate with selected suppliers in conjunction with Procurement Services, to obtain the lowest evaluated cost consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
* Implement formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase order, encompassing all corporate and Government requirements.
* Resolve contractual differences between our purchase order requirements and supplier performance.
* Establish contractual obligations for any changes affecting the original definitive contract and to insure compliance with public Law 87-653, Truth in Negotiations to protect MABS from Government claims for defective pricing or fraud.
* Identify problem areas and initiate corrective action and establish problem resolution dates in a timely manner.
* Develop new, innovative contracting strategies to meet the needs of the changing market place which is emphasizing fewer suppliers who will consistently supply guaranteed quality products, deliver just in time, and meet customer performance requirements to reduce inventories, customer complaints and to assure continued company growth.
* Help win major new programs and follow on contracts by the timely support of proposal efforts with necessary procurement data and through the management of supplier performance costs in a manner that protects our competitive posture.
* Maintain compliance with all corporate and divisional policies and procedures as contained within the corporate Standard Practice Letters and Procurement Manual Instructions.
* Provide regular and periodic reporting in areas of responsibility as directed by management.
* Develop self-motivational efforts which increase individual achievements and help meet or beat cost savings goals to maximize Material Organization contributions to corporate and divisional Return on Investment (ROI) and profit.
Education : Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering field
Years Experience : 5 or more years of relevant experience
* Training and knowledge in cost analysis
* Negotiation strategies
* Blueprint reading and practitioning to the Federal Acquisition Regulations
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-###-#### or ...@meggitt.com.
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, bi, business analyst, business finance, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, government, investment banking, strategy