Loading some great jobs for you...
Position can be based in Oregon/Washington/Nevada
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages and maintains corporate relationships and contract renewal with established State customers in a defined geographic region.
* Drives sales at all State account customer facilities in the defined geography.
* Cultivates, maintains, and grows relationships with established State accounts that will increase existing business, and ensure excellent customer relations
* Prepares and delivers sales presentations that address the customers needs, and leads to sales growth within established, and new State accounts.
* Works with BSM s and OSA s to deliver MSC s State program and strategic initiatives message to all State customers.
* Works with Branches and Customers to develop appropriate pricing strategy for one off bid/quote opportunities to determine MSC s ability to comply with customer s needs and requirements relative to the potential Bid/Quote.
* Develops relationships with Key State agencies and MSC Branches to become focal point within geography for State customer contact and is the key MSC contact for State customer visits, trade shows, Lunch & Learns, etc.
* Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information of all State accounts within the geography, in an effort to create a business plan of growth.
* Represents State sales team in cross-functional initiatives.
* Performs leadership role among the Market and Branches within geography as it relates to State business and offers guidance, support, and project leadership as required.
* Establishes and maintains a working relationship with key MSC Marketing, Legal, Product, and Finance department associates to keep abreast of current and new products/services/strategic initiatives.
* Works with market managers, branch managers, and field sales associates to develop strategies for specific State account penetration and to drive the State contract messages to local facilities.
* Submits to management all required sales and expense reports in a timely manner.
* Sells MSC s basic value basket and services to customers.
* Ensures meeting of budgetary cost center constraints and takes corrective action when needed.
* Represents State Sales Team in branch level field/sales management meetings to convey State Sales Team direction and strategy.
* Tailors State account strategy to align with MSC corporate sales and marketing strategy.
* Learns and fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC s mission.
* Educates/promotes selling techniques and guidelines for State sales to MSC outside sales and branch sales managers to increase program awareness and sales.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* A Bachelor s Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
* Minimum of three years industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales experience and direct account responsibility is required. Experience selling to State agencies is preferred.
* Excellent sales and presentation skills, negotiation, team building skills and techniques are required.
* Understanding of financial performance/profitability is required.
* Analytical/Strategic thinking required.
* Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
* Knowledge of e-business as it relates to the State is preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
* A valid driver s license and the ability to travel is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Loading some great jobs for you...