The Business Development Manager is a sales position with the primary responsibility for identifying new prospects, soliciting, selling and implementing Office Depot products and services to the small and medium size market within a defined geography. This position will target markets by direct outside sales with customers that typically have between 20 and 500 white-collar workers.
Additionally, the Business Development Manager will work towards strengthening the business relationships and maximizing the penetration opportunities of existing customers by providing holistic business solutions to customers that typically purchase or have the potential to purchase between $75,000 and $250,000 in products/solutions per year.
- Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with decision influencers, decision makers, end users, current buyers and new prospects within an organization, on a regular, as required, basis. Works toward a defined sales quota by selling company products and services to existing customers from an assigned account list. Directs account sales strategy and sells value beyond the core product offering to meet buyer needs. Sales activities also include selling to existing Office Depot customers a further and deeper range of products and services from Office Depot. The Business Development Manager will have a base revenue and incremental sales goal to achieve annually. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for attainment of an annual new business incremental sales goal as outlined in the Business Development Manager Sales Incentive Compensation Plan. This position will build business & customer relationships, regardless of the prospects contractual status, by proactively creating an awareness and presence with non-Office Depot customers and insuring that prospective customers are familiarized with Office Depot's total solutions beyond core office supplies (Furniture, MPS, Breakroom, Technology).
- Network and cold call prospective customers and leads (based on customer profile in volume, size and service requirements) to arrange meeting times to present Office Depot as a potential vendor. Present Office Depot solutions that relate directly to key needs and business issues of account.
- Typically, the Business Development Manager will manage customers with multiple locations, found across a defined territory working with multiple individuals with the authority to make the purchasing decision residing in multiple locations. Responsible for arranging meeting times to present new Office Depot products, services and solutions.
- Ensure Office Depot can earn appropriate profitability based on customer profile in volume, size and service requirements. This will require the development of and execution of pricing strategies and tactics.
- Oversee the implementation process for new and existing accounts to eliminate obstacles to buying early and often in the relationship cycle. Involved in bids and request for proposals and will be involved in re-bidding existing contracts.
- Enter and maintain customer information in Office Depot's CRM system and Contact Strategy dashboard on a regular basis and in a timely fashion. Further, extract customer information to create business plans, sales presentations and support strategic customer solutions. Will involve administrative maintenance and invoicing issues as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's Preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in related field
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.