Under the direct supervision of the Director/Administrative Supervisor, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day and monthly scheduling, assignment and supervision of nursing care as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
The Clinical Coordinator monitors care delivery to ensure quality, appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of the care rendered.
On the day shift, the Clinical Coordinator manages the unit in the absence of Director.
Meets all of the competent criteria on the ER RN job description and functions at proficient to expert level according to Benner's Critical Thinking Model.
- Facilitates the RN as Coordinator of Care and activities of the multidisciplinary team and/or other agencies.
The Clinical Coordinator may verify orders, maintains the confidential and professional environment of the unit, and acts as a resource to the unit staff.
Retains competency as a team leader and participates in direct care delivery as needed.
- Evaluates care delivery, patient satisfaction and works with staff to resolve problems.
Investigates and documents resolution of variance reports.
- Facilitates effective communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, families, and other health care team members.
Promotes and models utilization of the SBAR format to co-workers for all handoff reports and changes in patient's status.
Follows the chain of command. - Completes monthly time schedules and adjusts daily to cover call-in and shortages.
Prepares daily assignments. - Assists the Director with the maintenance of all departmental regulatory requirements.
- Associate's degree, Nursing - Graduate of an accredited RN Education Program
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) active license
- Basic Life Saving (BLS), Advanced Life Saving (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Saving (PALS) certificates
- NIH Stroke Certification, active
- EKG competency
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledFlorida Today. Keywords: Clinical Services Coordinator, Location: Titusville, FL - 32796