Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned division of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
The Principal role has primary responsibility for consulting with customers and salespeople to drive new business development of standard and custom solutions in the patient informatics practice area within a territory that meets or exceeds sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Consults with customers and salespeople to drive new business development to meet quarterly and annual sales goals. This is a quota carrying sales positions. Meets with clients when called in by a National Account Director (NAD) to discuss, document, and fully understand specific needs identified by the NAD; determine if a standard product/analytic will meet the client needs or if a customized solution is required.
* Develops a methodological approach to meet client objectives, including design and documentation, if a customized deliverable is required; effectively articulates the business value of proposed deliverable/solution through a formal client presentation and addressing objections.
* Acts as primary owner of client engagements during proposal stage of business development (proposal writing, early engagement, business building) with ultimate responsibility for project strategy; ensuring a smooth transition to the Consultant or Engagement Manager and Analyst team; provides consultation and leadership to the Consultant to ensure design, fulfillment, and execution of projects; presenting the final work product to the customer upon completion.
* Serves as the patient data practice area subject matter expert to sales and other areas in the organization by educating internal resources on appropriate client-focused solutions.
* Provides mentoring and coaching to Consultants and/or Engagement Managers regarding subject matter expertise, methodological approaches, solutions value and how to advance and close sales cycles. Informal training and coaching of analysts and customer service personnel as part of normal course of business to ensure knowledge is shared and disseminated into the organization. This position is responsible for conducting formal training sessions upon request.
* Contributes to new product development within the practice area that meets customer needs by identifying gaps in current offerings. Drives innovation through custom engagements with client including new product concepts and context solutions. Works with product managers and business unit team to translate unmet client requirements into business and functional specifications; participating in product design discussions, evaluating prototypes, and engaging in beta testing.
* Develops and maintains expert level knowledge of the patient data practice area by staying up-to-date with leading edge client business needs and solutions. Participates in and drives thought leadership within and of the organization.
* Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, research-based social science, statistics, pharmacology, or quantitative methods; OR, if no degree, 10 years of professional experience.
* Preferred: Master's Degree or Doctorate Degree in business, marketing, research-based social science, statistics, pharmacology, or quantitative methods.
* 7 years of Longitudinal Patient Analytics experience, in some combination of consulting, project management, leadership, or sales within the life science, pharmaceutical industry, or related support industry (e.g., consulting, data provider) in the patient data and consulting practice area.
* Consistent achievement of sales quotas or other quantitative objectives.
* Consultative selling approach.
* Experience using or designing solutions for payer or patient analytics.
* Successfully able to make in-person presentations to prospective clients in order to convey how a solution meets a business objective. Selling a complex product/service/solution requiring in-depth knowledge of the client's business and how solution meets that need.
* Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
* Leading cross-functional groups to create analytic solutions.
* Creating analytics-based solutions based on client needs.
* Working with complex datasets to create information and solutions with little guidance or oversight.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Expert level knowledge of the healthcare industry in the patient informatics practice area.
* Quantitative or data expertise; ability to create solutions out of data
* Expertise in specific therapeutic categories.
* Sales process and activities.
* Strong communication skills, including written and oral communication.
* Customer focused.
* Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
* Critical Thinking - uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Complex Problem solving - review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Local and national travel of approximately 20% - 40% expected for client visits, etc. .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They're not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. Symphony Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.