Brand Manager -- Long Island City, New York
Are you a kid at heart looking to build a career with a leading global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds-and that's why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; though our challenging start-up atmosphere isn't for everyone, we have a proven record of opportunities for future advancement and internal transfers for our passionate and results driven team.
This role is responsible for the product commercialization and the development of marketing plans and campaigns that drive growth of multiple brands in Spin Master's portfolio. You are someone who demonstrates the passion required to champion new product launches, brand building and best in class marketing. You are a creative out of the box thinker with a solid understanding of the entire marketing process. You have a strong track record of winning the hearts and minds of consumers through omni-channel marketing campaigns. You are expected to be the champion of the brand(s) you lead for our Global Business Unit and inspire cross-functional team members & partners with your passion and excitement. You will leverage your technical marketing skills through on-going execution of product development/commercialization, business/brand planning, retailer marketing, sponsorship & experiential/event marketing activation and business analysis.
What we can expect from you:
- Manage portfolio of games with P&L responsibility
- Lead planning and execution of product development and brand plans including (but not limited to): licensing, promotions, advertising, TV, social and digital marketing, media production, packaging, branding, public relations, trade shows, market research, pricing, costing, profitability analysis, and SKU rationalization
- Partner with North American Sales and international markets to drive growth of new and existing titles
- Assist in managing product development activities including (but not limited to): preparing new product start documents, packaging and product briefs
- Liaise with internal departments (Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design, Graphic Design, Sales, Planning and procurement) as well as with outside partners (licensors, inventors) at all stages of product development
- Experience marketing to broad range of target audiences, from kids, families to adults
- Collaborate closely with internal Centers of Excellence Marketing teams to create and develop marketing plans and creative
- Develop marketing briefs to inspire and guide brand creative development
- Ensure all marketing activations are delivering to KPI expectations
- Present products and marketing plans internally to execs and key partners as well as externally to retailers and licensors
- Attend various tradeshows to represent portfolio to drive awareness and enthusiasm around titles
- Work closely with retailers to develop specific and targeted in-store retail programs
You're a good fit for this team if you have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while continuously taking initiative and pushing projects forward under tight deadlines
- Thinks out of the box
- Team player, collaborative
- Understanding of the hobby game market and specialty channels a plus
- Passionate about board games a plus
You should apply if you have the following:
- At least 4 years of consumer product brand management experience, preferably working on games or toys on a global scale
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
- MBA a plus
- Experience in developing kid-targeted marketing campaigns that include TVCs
- Well versed in grass roots, experiential marketing as well as Digital, Social, to retail/consumer promotions targeting various audiences ranging from, kids, families to adults
- Knowledge of social platforms and various digital tactics to effectively reach consumers
- Experience managing multiple projects at once in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Ability to create and effectively deliver pitches and presentations to internal and external partners at all levels
- Strong knowledge and experience executing marketing tactics such as experiential, social, digital and retail marketing and promotions
- New product development experience
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
- Open Mindset
- Driving Results
When applying please ensure that you highlight the source & job title in the subject line.
eg: Application for ' Job Title & SOURCE: (where you heard about this job) in the subject line.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.