EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST OPPORTUNITY
We have an immediate opening in our Supported Employment Program. Ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, and possess strong organizational skills. The purpose of this position is to support individuals with developmental disabilities to learn and acquire skills so that they may achieve their personal employment goals.
This is a full-time position staffed in the community at various work sites. Work location and hours will vary as it is based on job specifics of individual supported. Time management skills are important for success.
The Employment Specialist will be responsible for building rapport with individuals supported but also management at employment sites, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, supervisors and coworkers. Strong communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify specific support needs, which will increase the individual s overall success in maintaining employment in an area of their choice.
- Prepare and submit daily, monthly, and quarterly paperwork according to established timeframes and guidelines.
- Complete support plans outlining systematic techniques to teach new skills, including writing behavioral objectives. Use these plans to train and support individuals on the job.
- Identify and implement job and/or environmental adaptations as needed and assist individuals to complete the job as needed.
- Provide training in job related social skills such as break time behavior and co-worker relationships.
- Analyze work culture on an ongoing basis, identify and capitalize on existing natural supports.
- Responsible for networking throughout the business community and maintaining beneficial contacts.
- Develop fade out plans.
- Provide follow-up with retraining as necessary.
Skills and abilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to make sound decisions
- Strong judgment and discretion skills Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written format both one on one and in group settings
- Strong customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude presented both inside and outside of the agency as it relates to work
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups
- Ability to speak to small groups
- Effective time management skills
- Able to attend work regularly
Education / Experience / Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in education, business management or related field preferred
- Or, five years or greater relevant work experience (upon discretion of the program leadership)
- 2-3 years related experience supporting people with developmental disabilities required
Licensing and Certifications (a short grace period may be provided to attain these requirements):
- Class E Missouri Driver's License
- First Aid
- Hepatitis A vaccination
Pre Employment Checks and Screenings:
- Drug Screening
- Family Care Safety Registry through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Criminal background check
- Driver Record Check
- Education Verification
- Reference Checking