Power to the people!
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) is looking for an Account Manager to join our Sales team in Jacksonville, FL. The Account Manager will be a key part of our Sales organization, creating partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty with key accounts.
Who We Are
Do you want to be a part of a mission that matters? At UNFI, our purpose is to connect farms to families by delivering more organic and natural food to more plates across North America because everyone deserves to have healthier food options. We discover what s next by building new ideas and possibilities that drive the industry forward. We are pioneers who every day deliver new choices that shape the foodscape.
We are the industry leader in the wholesale distribution of natural and organic foods and products, giving families access to healthier options throughout the US and Canada. With 43,000 customer locations and 10,000 employees, you will work for a national, Fortune 300 corporation with an exciting history of growth and expansion.
We believe that:
- Freedom of food choice matters
- Discovering what s next keeps us vital
- We re not afraid to get our hands dirty
- We re here to connect food, people and the planet
- New routes can take us anywhere
- Scale drives our ability to positively impact lives
- There is no limit to fresh ideas
- Sustainability is our responsibility
A Bit About You
- You wake up in the morning with a passion to make a difference
- You have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- You have excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You are comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive new business and close sales
Key Job Functions:
- Develop and execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profits, market share and minimize expenses.
- Oversee development of new business and servicing of existing accounts.
- Create partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
- Maintain excellent customer relations. Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
- Develop and maintain effective internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
- Present complex topics in an engaging manner to business professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Provide focus on strong category management and respond in a timely manner to all opportunities to present new and existing product lines to customers.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of products.
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
- Familiarity with sales opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite strong MS Excel skills.
- Understanding of margin and company profitability.
- Minimum of two years of sales experience preferred.
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
- System implementation preferred
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the business.
- Able to manage and coordinate projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment.
- The ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze data based on customer needs.