Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Business Rules Analyst Lead for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
Leads in gathering and analyzing internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users. Translates users' business requirements for complex projects into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation. Applies methodologies and prepares detailed specifications and related documentation. Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications. Manages the scope of applications and related changes. Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, and leads team through the problem resolution process. Oversees the development and implementation of evaluating feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements, assisting software quality assurance with functional test case reviews and preparing training materials. Serves as a mentor and provides guidance to staff.
- Independently builds and/or deploys highly complex business rules/configuration changes to all test/prod environments.
- Mentors and provides oversight to others on tools and techniques of build/deploy processes.
- Leads large scale implementations.
- Leads cross functional teams to improve, synchronize, and integrate process controls and automation.
- Analyzes and designs complex specifications for team member execution.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert regarding process controls.
- Anticipates quality issues and takes proactive action to ensure their resolution.
- Acts as a liaison and influences the development and support teams in aligning projects to release environments and resolving conflicts.
- Influences and advises on soundness of rollout plans.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the direction of management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline. 4 years work experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required OR A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline OR A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function and 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function and 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR If PhD, 5 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with Peoplesoft Ledger
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 12/09/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.