Employer is looking for a senior Product leader to build industry-leading digital shopping experiences in the core of the Employer purchase funnel. T he Director of Product Management for Decide will lead the team that ensures customers can confidently evaluate and select products through data-driven innovation of the Product Detail Page and User Generated Content experiences. This team also enables dozens of other product teams building features that contribute to helping the customer evaluate & select products. This role will touch every one of Employer's 12 million global active customers and contribute to every purchase making up the $6B revenue coming through our sites and apps.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: how can we perfect the product evaluation experience for millions of customers shopping a catalog with millions of diverse, often complex products (e.g., grills, beds, wall art, rugs, flatware) in ways that are simple and cohesive on the front end, and scalable on the back end? In addition, this leader will be responsible for empowering our customer community to help each other create homes they love by driving our user-generated content strategy. This is a two-sided problem with complexity around incentivizing user content creation as well as ensuring that content is utilized on site to help customers build confidence in their purchase decision.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumer around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on high-profile initiatives, and oversee large and fast-growing cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists. Responsibilities:
Build and maintain key products that accelerate customer engagement in the Product Detail Page and related features used to evaluate products and make a purchase decision:
- Set vision for the Product Detail Page, Product Descriptions, User Generated Content, and Pricing Experience teams--driving innovation of core ecommerce paradigms that delights users and grows the business
- Be an inspiring and humble leader for fast-growing team of Product Managers (and cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and designers); build strong team culture and develop exceptional talent; current organization of 4 PMs (Associate Director & Senior PM level reports) growing to 10-15 PMs in the coming year; total dedicated partners include ~20 Engineers, 3 Product Designers, and 4 Analysts with plans to scale with growth in the product team.
- Work closely with the executive team and senior leaders from across Employer to ensure the visions for our product details and user generated content products align with broader company strategy; be a passionate advocate for the customer throughout the organization
- Enable product managers and merchandisers throughout Employer to build on top of the Product Detail technologies while maintaining speed and stability of those experiences
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Employer departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 10+ years Product management experience (including 3+ years ecommerce product management experience), or those with exceptional leadership and business experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into ecommerce
- 5+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality