At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This newly created role, as a member of our Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) team, will be part of the Independent Risk Management (IRM) aligned to Transaction Processing and Execution (TP&E) Risk, including regular reporting to risk management committees, and quarterly reporting to the board Risk Committee. This ORC5 will partner with both internal and external stakeholders, including senior management from all three lines of defense, as well as agency representatives from the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
This ORC5 will support and coordinate risk management efforts with other independent risk management programs, including but not limited to:
Enterprise Risk Identification Program
Integrated Process Risk and Control Assessment Program
- Enterprise Issue Management Program
- Key Indicator Program
- Risk Appetite Program
- Enterprise Testing Program
- Stress Testing Program
Team responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing an aggregate independent enterprise wide view of TP&E related inherent risks
- Providing oversight of the related control environments
- Providing a holistic perspective of the residual risk impact to the Company
- Performing monitoring (including metrics) and reporting on risks associated with the risk type
- Promoting awareness of appropriate risk management in the related areas and processes generating the risk.
Individual responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing TP&E reporting standards and mechanisms to communicate results to management, the Risk Committee and the Board including but not limited to:
- Current and Emerging Risk
- Risk reporting and aggregation dashboards
- State of Compliance reporting
- Customer relationship reporting if needed
- Management reporting as applicable
- Design and execute an effective metrics program including but not limited to:
- Establishing Key Performance / Key Risk Indicators for Groups and overall risk family
- Understanding the enterprise risk appetite and defining risk appetite metrics as applicable and develop linkage
- Monitoring reporting flows and confirming accuracy of metric data
- Maintaining and building out scorecard reporting for risk type
- Facilitating escalation process and related documentation
- Executing various general risk oversight processes including:
- Managing governance process for Transaction Execution Processing Issues Log
- Developing processes, procedures, templates, and reporting to provide independent risk management oversight of TP&E related processes, risks and controls
- Analyzing and overseeing Wells Fargo s front line team s implementation of appropriate control environments to manage TP&E risk
- Reviewing front line mitigation/remediation plans for known control gaps and providing advice on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches
- Performing review of the work products produced across the enterprise according to risk program requirements and deadlines
- Attending steering committees and work groups to ensure appropriate TP&E risk management coverage
- Developing governance routines to support review, challenge, monitor, report, and escalate TP&E risk
- Identifying, documenting, executing, and escalating credible challenges
- Effectively collaborating with business partners in the front line and Independent Risk Management (IRM) in the establishment of risk management processes
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Business continuity planning experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in Financial Services with SR 15-18 firms, with experience covering banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services
- Experience developing enterprise risk management governance / framework
- Experience with Key Risk Indicators (KRI), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and/or Risk Appetite
- Experience with management-level governance committee and/or new business/products
- Experience with Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Experience with risk management-related analysis, including thematic reviews
- Experience with safety physical security
- Proven progressively responsible career growth
- Preferred locations include Charlotte, NC., Des Moines, IA., and Minneapolis, MN. However, open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells FargoDisclaimer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.