Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.
Do something that means something at Williams. This isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with coworkers who become friends and mentors who push you to be your best self in and out of the office. At Williams, we make energy happen. And you can too, so bring your energy to ours.
The Commercial Development Rep Sr. manages existing business and develops new opportunities within each franchise. You will use your experience, creativity and judgment when managing relationships with customers, acting as subject matter expert (SME) on contract terms and conditions and negotiating complex contracts. To be successful in this role, you'll need to preserve and enhance profitability for the company.
Your work will challenge you, and with our Core Values & Beliefs to guide you, you'll quickly learn and grow with us.
* Maintains existing and establishes new business relationships w/buying influencers (shippers, producers, customers, partners, etc.) and third-party service providers
* Identifies, evaluates and develops business opportunities
* Communicates and implements key contract objectives and obligations
* Coordinates development and presentation of management presentations
* Manages efforts to evaluate, prepare, develop, negotiate and close deals and addresses various issues related to the commercial aspects of our business
* Acts as liaison to interpret and facilitate implementation of agreements and amendments and develop solutions that are mutually beneficial to Williams' and the producer
* Leads negotiations with counterparties on terms and conditions
* Participates budget development with ongoing financial responsibility for asset performance
* Leads development of complex economic analysis of commercial opportunities
* Mentors others
* Maintains a broad base of general and specific knowledge regarding the energy industry, customers and competitors to use in strategy development and execution of commercial objectives
* Other duties as assigned
Education/Years of Experience:
* Required: Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, financial, economics or relevant field and a minimum eight (8) years' related experience in natural gas gathering, treating/processing, transportation or NGL transport/fractionation/processing
* Demonstrates excellent organizational/interpersonal skills and safety as the utmost priority
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Previous commercial experience with proficiency in economics, marketing practices and contracting and a general understanding of the oil and gas business
Business Acumen, Collaborates & Champions Inclusion, Communication, Continuous Improvement, Customer-Stakeholder Focus, Drives for Results, Integrity, Values, and Trust, Managerial Courage, Project Leadership, Safety, Seasoned Judgment, Self-Awareness